Hiring a virtual assistant from the Philippines will change your life.
This may sound like an exaggeration, but it’s not.
Entrepreneurs, startup founders, and small business owners spend countless hours on low-value and no-value activities. Estimates vary, but one business coaching firm studied time management and discovered that more than 30% of a business owner’s time is spent on low-value and no-value activities.
This means that during a typical 40-hour workweek, you spend 2.4 hours per day on tasks that someone else could easily do for you.
What would you do if you had two to three extra hours per day?
- Would you spend time perfecting your product or service?
- Would you teach your current employees skills to help them be more successful in their roles?
- Would you take a yoga class or join a community service organization?
- Would you coach your six-year-old’s basketball team?
When you sign up for a virtual assistant service, you can improve your sales, employee satisfaction ratings, health, and personal relationships all at the same time.
In short, having a virtual assistant can improve your life!
Table of contents
- Do I Need a Virtual Assistant From the Philippines?
- What Are the Benefits of Hiring Virtual Assistants in the Philippines?
- Why Should You Hire a Filipino Virtual Assistant From a Managed Virtual Assistant Company
- How to Hire a Virtual Assistant in the Philippines
- What’s the Cost of Hiring a Virtual Assistant in the Philippines With Prialto?
Do I Need a Virtual Assistant From the Philippines?
Feeling overwhelmed? Drowning in busywork? If the answer is yes, you’re like many other workers. Most knowledge workers find most of their day gets eaten up by low-value tasks, including:
- Meetings (both important and nonessential)
- Administrative tasks
- Interruptions for nonessential tasks
Whether you’re the founder of an ecommerce shop or CEO of a consulting firm, outsourcing some of your work to VAs can save you hours and enable you to use that time for higher-value tasks.
VAs from the Philippines are particularly popular with business owners. Google “virtual assistant Philippines” and you will find pages of businesses that provide access to VAs in the country.
What Are the Benefits of Hiring Virtual Assistants in the Philippines?
A strong work ethic, advanced English, and high education standards are some of the top benefits of hiring virtual assistants from the Philippines.
If you’re unsure as to why Filipino virtual assistants are so popular, here are five benefits.
1. Filipino virtual assistants are well-educated
In the Philippines, the literacy rate reached 99.27% in 2021.
Even more impressive? Filipinos aren’t just literate but college educated. Since 2017, college has been free to all Filipino students, and much of the population has taken advantage of this opportunity, including the VAs at Prialto.
2. More than 90% of the Philippine population speaks English
The Philippines is the third largest English-speaking country in the world.
There are two official languages in the Philippines, Filipino and English. While the Philippines is very linguistically diverse, English is taught in schools from a young age because it’s used in government and business. As a result, the standard of English is very high.
3. Filipino virtual assistants have experience working with U.S companies
The BPO industry in the Philippines currently employs 1.44 million full-time employees and recorded $29.1 billion in revenue in the first half of 2022. This accounts for at least 7% of the Philippine economy.
4. Executives are impressed by their strong work ethic
One of the main reasons that the Philippines is so popular with BPO companies is because of the Filipino work ethic. A strong work ethic and a dedication to one’s employer are part of the national culture.
Managed virtual assistant companies usually have both full-time and part-time employees available to work in several time zones. Given their strong work ethic, remote work isn’t a problem either –– you can trust them to complete tasks on time.
5. Filipino virtual assistants are a cost-effective solution
VAs from the Philippines usually have much lower hourly rates than virtual assistants from Europe or the US. You won’t need to supply office equipment or deskspace as you would with an in-person executive assistant either.
Plus, you can reinvest all the time you save back into your business.
Why Should You Hire a Filipino Virtual Assistant From a Managed Virtual Assistant Company?
By now, you’re probably getting excited about all the extra time you’ll have when you hire a Filipino VA. But before you hire a freelancer to set appointments, book travel, and buy appreciation gifts for all your kids’ teachers – make sure you are using the right service.
A quick Google search will provide you with a long list of virtual assistant companies and freelance websites dedicated to helping Americans find virtual assistants from the Philippines, but proceed with caution.
You may find available Filipino workers on virtual staff finders like Upwork, onlinejobs.ph or virtualstaff.ph, but they may not be the right fit for your business for multiple reasons.
Here are some problems that can occur when hiring help:
- Freelance virtual assistants often work in the gig economy because they want flexibility. This means they may be less available to you when a higher-paying client comes along.
- The training and hiring process can be a time suck. Writing job descriptions, completing background checks, and interviewing candidates all take time that you could use better elsewhere.
- Freelancers lack security. Your VA may have access to accounts and information essential to your business processes and personal life. How will you secure your privacy while sharing information? How do you know the assistant can be trusted?
To receive the benefits of having a personal assistant without all of this stress, it makes sense for most people to hire one through a managed VA service.
Here are the top six reasons why you should hire a virtual assistant from the Philippines through a managed service like Prialto:
1. You’ll receive long-term assistance when you hire a VA from a managed VA company
A managed virtual assistant company has full-time employees. Unlike freelancers who are always looking for a better gig, assistants from managed companies will stick with you for the long term – because that’s their job. This saves you the cost (and frustration) of repeatedly hiring and training new assistants.
2. Managed VA companies train their employees
You may be new to having a personal assistant. That’s why it’s beneficial to work with a VA company that hires, trains, and manages employees.
Additionally, you’ll have the help of the company’s productivity experts, who can guide you to get the most out of your personal assistant services.
3. A managed virtual assistant company has backup employees, so your work will always get done
A managed VA service provider has fully-trained backups who are familiar with your processes and can fill in if the primary productivity assistant gets sick or has a family emergency.
4. When you hire a VA from a managed virtual assistant company, your assistant will have an on-site manager
Virtual assistant companies provide customer support, so it’s easier to fix any issues that may arise. You can give your account manager feedback, who will ensure your VA can complete their responsibilities as directed. And if that VA doesn’t work out – you don’t have to start from scratch with a new hire.
5. A managed VA company performs background checks on employees
You’ll rest easy knowing that your VA is a full-time employee with the company who has passed a stringent background check to get the job.
Recommended Reading: 5 Myths About Hiring Virtual Assistants Busted
6. Prialto simplifies the process of outsourcing tasks to virtual assistants in the Philippines
Prialto offers a fully managed virtual assistant service that recruits, trains, and drives the performance of VAs in the Philippines, Kenya and Guatemala. Managers document your tasks, processes, and preferences and find the right primary VA for you.
You get a primary VA, and backups onboarded onto your tools and systems. Managers overseeing the work identify more tasks to take on as they get to know you and your business. VAs undergo background checks and use secured company computers and networks in a secure office.
Prialto’s sole focus is virtual assistants, and it has a dialed-in process for getting VAs up to speed and staying on task. It’s not the cheapest option, but the high-touch, white-glove service is worth it for many busy executives.
Pricing: A flat fee of $1450 for 55 hours per month (about $25 per hour).
Minimum monthly hours: 55
How to Hire a Virtual Assistant in the Philippines
Finding the right VA from the right virtual assistant firm in the Philippines depends on what you need and how much time and money you want to invest in the process. Whether you’re looking for general administrative assistance or a VA with social media marketing skills, there’s plenty of choice.
Many companies can help you find virtual assistants. However, Prialto provides its clients with managed support, continuity, and enterprise-level security. And with service centers in Manila, Philippines, as well as Guatemala and Kenya, we know where to find the best talent.
Here’s how to hire a virtual assistant from the Philippines with Prialto.
Step 1: Create a list of tasks a VA could complete that would make your life easier
Create a list of jobs that would be simple for someone to complete off-site.
Your list may include the following:
- Administrative support. VAs can take over general admin tasks.
- Calendar management. Have your VA manage your schedule and confirm appointments.
- Project management. VAs can use software like time tracking tools or task boards to keep projects on track.
- Bookkeeping. Some VAs may be able to help with bookkeeping tasks.
- Travel management. Your VA can book flights and rental cars according to your preferences– and complete expense reports
- Inbox management. Save time and clear your headspace with an organized and clearly prioritized inbox.
- Social media management. VAs can schedule social media posts and interact with your audience.
- Follow-up with potential customers. Let your VA take care of scheduled follow-up communication.
- Data entry. VAs can enter complex data into spreadsheets where human input is required.
- Digital marketing. Some VAs may be able to help with some marketing tasks like simple graphic design or web design.
- Send gifts to your biggest clients. Your VA can delight clients by sending personalized gifts.
Think about how much easier your job will be when you don’t have to worry about all this busywork anymore!
Step 2: Schedule your free consultation with Prialto
Prialto makes it easy to hire a virtual assistant. There’s no need to write a lengthy job description or read through piles of resumes.
Simply fill out this contact form with your info and schedule a discovery call to learn more about how Prialto can help you.
Step 3: Review your personalized implementation plan
After assessing your needs, we’ll create a personalized implementation plan. You’ll sign up for the hours you need to start, and can easily increase later when you need more support.
Step 4: Complete the onboarding process with your new VA and support team
You’ll meet your virtual assistant and support team and get everyone set up in your systems.
Our team has helped thousands of clients during the onboarding process. In addition, we’ve streamlined the process so your VA can start working ASAP.
Step 5: Offload tasks to your productivity assistant
Your trained VA will quickly integrate into your workflow and systems.
You can provide feedback to inform your assistant of your preferences, and over time, your Prialto team can find ways to improve efficiency and identify new ways to support you.
Step 6: Regain focus and energy
You’ll be amazed at how much you can accomplish after your VA takes over mundane tasks. As a result, you’ll have more time to focus on big-picture items and enjoy a better quality of life.
Pretty soon, you’ll wonder how you got anything done without the help of your personal assistant!
What’s the Cost of Hiring a Virtual Assistant in the Philippines with Prialto?
As for pricing, managed virtual assistant services start at around $25 per hour with Prialto.
Prialto is not the right choice for everyone. It’s not the cheapest option, but you’ll see that the quality of support pays off.
Moreover, the dedicated virtual assistants working with Prialto have years of experience, are paid well, and treated fairly. They also are given benefits and opportunities for advancement within the company, which is not available to many VAs outside of the company.
If that’s not enough to convince you, consider these added benefits of working with Prialto:
- Prialto takes care of all the recruiting, vetting, hiring, training, and management tasks.
- You’ll receive the help of a virtual assistant, account manager, and backup assistants when needed.
- Your VA will undergo background checks and have access to secure facilities, networks, and computers to complete your tasks.
- You’ll be able to find a VA quickly and complete the onboarding process in a matter of days.
- You’ll know that your VA is highly trained and will represent you well.
- Because Prialto has backups for all accounts, services will never be disrupted.
Boost Your Productivity by Hiring a VA in the Philippines Today
When a virtual assistant handles mundane tasks, you can focus on activites that drive business growth. Soon you’ll see huge ROI from your initial investment and wonder how you got anything done before.
Prialto was ranked the best virtual assistant service in 2023 by Forbes Advisor, Investopedia, The Balance Small Business, Time Doctor, and Boldly.
You’ll love Prialto’s streamlined sign-up process and virtual assistance solutions.
Begin the process of hiring a VA from the Philippines by filling out this contact form today.
Hiring a Virtual Assistant from the Philippines FAQs
1. How to Hire Virtual Assistants From the Philippines?
Many online staffing sites promote virtual assistants from the Philippines. But recruiting and vetting VAs can be time-consuming and expensive. It’s often best to let a managed virtual assistant company like Prialto handle the onboarding and operations of VAs.
2. How Much Does it Cost to Hire a Filipino Virtual Assistant?
Hourly rates for Filipino virtual assistants vary. With managed virtual assistant company Prialto, pricing starts from $25 per hour. Prialto is not the cheapest option but pays virtual assistants fairly and transparently. Plus, they take care of recruitment, vetting, onboarding, and customer support, saving you even more time.
3. What Are the Benefits of Hiring a Filipino VA?
Here are some of the top benefits of hiring virtual assistants from the Philippines:
- Filipino VAs are well-educated
- More than 90% of the Philippine population speaks English
- Filipino VAs have experience working with US companies
- Executives are impressed by their strong work ethic
- Filipino VAs are a cost-effective solution
4. What Languages Can a Filipino VA Speak?
Virtual assistants from the Philippines can speak English and Tagalog. More than 90% of the Filipino population speaks English, and many VAs are college educated.