Barry Asin is the President of Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA), the global advisor on staffing and workforce solutions. A leading authority on workforce solutions worldwide, he holds the overall responsibility for the company's strategy, operations, and growth on a global basis.
Barry, the former Chief Analyst at SIA and VP of Strategy at Adecco, holds an MBA from Harvard University and a BSE from Princeton University. As co-author of Breaking Through: Leadership Disciplines from Top Performing Staffing, he shares leadership insights at industry events, and major publications like the NY Times, CNBC, and Bloomberg frequently quote him.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Barry Asin talks about his background in the staffing world
- SIA's history and use of technology to connect people with work
- How developing a great culture leads to massive business growth
- Tips for creating a high-performing culture in the staffing industry
- Secret culture-building techniques of top-performing leaders
- Productivity and time management frameworks and tools companies should leverage
- What is amplifying people?
In this episode…
Good firms can have the best products and marketing strategies but struggle with growth. So what is that one thing they can improve on to scale?
For over three decades of being in the staffing industry, Barry Asin discovered that top-performing firms focus most on culture. A company with a great culture is more attractive, and employees enjoy working there and become the best version of themselves. Barry recommends developing great cultures and instituting them in your daily operations.
In this episode of Amplify People, Eric Taussig sits down with Barry Asin, President of Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA), to discuss how to grow in the staffing industry through culture. Barry talks about his background in the staffing world, SIA and its application of technology to connect people with work, how developing a great culture leads to business growth, and the secret techniques leaders of top-performing companies deploy when building their business culture.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Eric Taussig on LinkedIn
- Staffing Industry Analysts
- Barry Asin on LinkedIn
- Turning the Flywheel: A Monograph to Accompany Good to Great by Jim Collins
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity by David Allen
- Breaking Through: Leadership Disciplines from Top Performing Staffing Firms by Barry Asin and Mike Cleland
- Diana Blum on LinkedIn
- Mike Cleland on LinkedIn
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Prialto, the Virtual Assistant Service for Busy Professionals and Enterprise Teams.
Founded in 2010, Prialto has provided over 1 million hours of professional support experience for a range of companies.
We offer executive, sales, operations and administrative support and other virtual assistant services.
We work with enterprise and midmarket companies like Compass, the Graham Company, little Spoon and Rapid 7.
Our managed service ensures consistently strong and proactive support.
To learn more, go to prialto.com or email us at email@example.com.