Choosing the right virtual assistant company plays a huge role in your success, productivity, and work-life balance. We get that so we’ve created this guide to help you gain a better understanding of what it’s like to work with a Prialto virtual assistant. In it, we’ll dive into the following topics:
- Delegating tasks to your assistant. In this section, we’ll explain the types of tasks you can delegate to your assistant.
- Getting your VA set up with your tools. Here, you’ll find answers to the most common questions we receive about getting your assistant set up with the tools you use.
- Developing a productive relationship with your VA. These tips will help you maximize the leverage you gain from your assistant.
- Training your assistant to excel at your processes. This section gives an overview of the foundational training we give all of our assistants and how we’ll get your VA up-to-speed on all of your tasks.
- Handling time off and turnover. What happens if your assistant is out of the office? Find out how we mitigate disruptions and ensure you never go a business day without support.
- Gaining additional support for yourself and/or your colleagues. Prialto is designed to scale with you. Learn how we can support your growing needs.
Want to read this guide later? Download the PDF:
Delegating Tasks to Your Virtual Assistant
Your assistant is capable of tackling a wide variety of tasks to meet your needs. To give you a better idea of what that looks like, here are some of the common ways we support our members.
Have a task that’s not listed here? No worries. We can support you with any objective, repeatable process and are happy to hop a quick call with you to explore how we can meet your specific needs.
Getting Your VA Set Up with Your Tools
Here are some common Q & A’s people have about getting their assistant set up with their systems.
Q: Do you support [insert tool]?
A: Your assistant can use any online tool that you use. We support members in numerous roles and industries so, chances are, one of our employees has experience with your systems.
If you use a tool that we don’t have experience with, we’ll just ask you to quickly share your screen to walk us through how you use it. Then, we’ll do some additional research about the tool and train your assistant to use it.
Q: How do I give my assistant access to my tools?
A: You will give the login info for all of the tools your assistant is working with to your Engagement Manager. They will add your logins to the password sharing tool, Bitium and use that to securely give your primary and back-up assistants access.
Q: Can you help me adopt [insert tool]?
A: Absolutely. Many of our members want to use additional tools such as CRMs and expense reporting software but they just don’t have the time to figure out how to use them. If that sounds like you, your Engagement Manager can help you get set up and train your assistant to put in the heavy lifting of using your new tools.
Want to finish reading this guide later? Download it now.
Fostering a Productive Relationship with Your VA
Like working with an in-house assistant, you need to develop a productive working relationship to successfully utilize a VA. Here are some best practices that will ensure you get maximum leverage from your assistant.
Communicate with context
It is essential that you communicate your preferences to us. Provide context and direction with your requests and we will document your preferences in your Prialto Member Manual (PMM) so we know for the future. For example, tell us about your favorite places to host meetings, times you prefer to communicate with us, travel preferences, etc.
Want more tips on how to effectively communicate with your virtual assistant? Read this article:
Embrace clarifying questions
Your VA is trained to ask clarifying questions to learn your preferences. He/she documents your answers in your member manual. If you’re repeating yourself, reach out to your Engagement Manager and they will improve your service. For example, If you ask your assistant to schedule a meeting but don’t say whether it will be in-person or a call, your VA will ask you clarifying questions. If you always meet with this contact in-person, tell us and we will note it in your manual.
Leverage your Engagement Manager
Your Engagement Manager resolves service issues so you don’t have to. Don’t let little mistakes or frustrations go because you don’t want to spend time handling the issue. Instead, loop in your EM, sit back and watch things improve.
Think about your business processes and preferences.
What are your typical scheduling patterns? What are the pain points in your current process you would like us to help iron out? If you have a big picture idea or process you would like to offload but aren’t sure how, tell your Engagement Manager and they will be your thought partner in establishing a process.
The core of these best practices is simply communicating clearly with your assistant and Engagement Manager. If you do that, you’ll get a huge return on your investment.
Getting Additional Support
Our service is designed to easily adapt to your changing needs. Here are answers to a few of the common questions we get about obtaining additional support:
Q: Can I hire multiple assistants to support people throughout my organization?
A: Yes, we can provide you as many assistants as you need and train them to specialize in various areas such as sales support, recruiting support, operations support, etc. All of your assistants will be in the same cohort so they’ll work together to ensure you get consistent, exceptional service.
Q: Can I drop units that I no longer need?
A: Yes, you can reduce the number of units you have. The amount of time that it takes to fully terminate a unit is based on the notice length stated in your agreement.
Handling Time Off and Turn Over
If you’ve had an assistant before, you know how difficult it is to suddenly go without support while your assistant is out of the office or, even worse, when they quit.
We understand that these kinds of disruptions can have a huge negative impact on your productivity and work-life balance. So, we actively prevent time-off and turnover from interrupting the service our members receive. Here’s how:
- We train a back-up assistant. When your primary assistant is a out of the office, a backup who fully understands all your tools and processes will take over so you never go a business day without support.
- We invest in employee retention. Unlike in-house assistants who change jobs on average every eight months, the majority of our assistants stay with us for many years. We offer a wide variety of incentives including performance-based bonuses, office parties, company-wide recognition, a vacation stipend for their two-year anniversary, etc. to encourage our best employees to remain loyal to our company.
Even if your assistant does decide to move on, we’ll have a replacement trained and ready before they leave to ensure you have a smooth transition.
Interested in Learning More?
Here’s how to get started:
- Call us at 1-888-873-6101 or leave us a message to schedule a discovery call. In the call, one of our sales executives will gather more information about your needs and help you explore whether Prialto is a good fit for you.
- Take our Needs Analysis Survey. The survey will help you and our sales team clarify what your needs are. Our sales team will combine the results with the information gathered in your discovery call to create your implementation plan.
- Schedule your implementation plan review call. In this call, your sales executive will walk you through exactly how we’ll help you achieve your goals if you sign up with us. This call is also a great opportunity to clear up any other questions you have.
- Get ready to on-board. Once you’ve signed your agreement, out team will work with you to get your assistant’s tools set up ahead of your on-boarding call so that you can begin receiving support.